× Members

DLA online - not backdated

• DougFlo
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70271 by DougFlo
DLA online - not backdated was created by DougFlo
I started a DLA claim online in June and saved the form part way through. The system informed me my claim would start from the day I first started the online form. I then went back to it (when I had the additional information I needed) and logged back in. It let me log into my account but would not let me retrieve my existing claim.

I spoke to their technical helpdesk and even though they tried lots of things they were unable to retireve my form and admitted the online system is full of problems.

I was advised by the helpdesk to start a new claim. I therefore did this on the tradtional way and sent the form in the post.

I stated in the additional notes about the online application, but they have dated my form from the beginning of August, in effect losing me 6 weekd entitlement, which I can ill afford.

I rang to appeal and within 7 days got a letter rejecting my appeal.

Should I take this any further or give up now?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 6 months ago #70274 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:DLA online - not backdated
DougFlo wrote:

I started a DLA claim online in June and saved the form part way through. The system informed me my claim would start from the day I first started the online form. I then went back to it (when I had the additional information I needed) and logged back in. It let me log into my account but would not let me retrieve my existing claim.

I spoke to their technical helpdesk and even though they tried lots of things they were unable to retireve my form and admitted the online system is full of problems.

I was advised by the helpdesk to start a new claim. I therefore did this on the tradtional way and sent the form in the post.

I stated in the additional notes about the online application, but they have dated my form from the beginning of August, in effect losing me 6 weekd entitlement, which I can ill afford.

I rang to appeal and within 7 days got a letter rejecting my appeal.

Should I take this any further or give up now?

Hi,

We cannot give claim specific advice as we do not have access to case papers etc to help establish the exact situation and weight of any evidence. Face to face advice from a Welfare Rights Service/CAB etc should ideally be sought.

In general though, this does demonstrate one of the pitfalls of modern technology and why sometimes the 'old ways' are better, and I have to admit I have not had much dealing with the electronic completion and transmission of DLA claims, preferring to do it the old fashioned way.

As to your position, in general if you think the DWP's decision is wrong, you maybe able to appeal the decision or ask for a reconsideration, however it would seem to have already asked for a reconsideration and been declined. The letter should tell you if the decision is 'appealable' and how to go about formally appealing.

If you wish to formally appeal the decision you would need to either ask for or download a 'If you think our decision is wrong' GL24 leaflet and return it completed asap or in anycase within one month of the date of the letter. Requests for a formal appeal must be made in writing and cannot be made over the telephone.

You can download a GL24 here:

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

Completing the form and then obtaining face to face advice maybe the best way forward.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.