× Members

DLA Appeal

• Eddie
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #70318 by Eddie
DLA Appeal was created by Eddie
Hi all ..A benefits adviser in my local council said I should be claiming DLA way back last Dec time.She arranged for the forms to come to my home address and she made an appointment to come and fill them in, saying they were daunting to some. My situation is made worse by an operation I had 10 years ago, but too long a story to go through on here. Upshot was, that I was given no awards,even though I live in constant pain, some days far worse than others, which has ruined my life.I asked for my case to be reviewed, as I was still quite sure of what I was going through on a daily basis, but, alas, again no change, so appeal we go ... My appeal was said not to be before 1st August. I went and had an interview with a Welfare Rights Advisor in the local CAB. He took all my paperwork to read at leisure and a week or so later sent me a letter saying he had gone through the forms and come to the conclusion I DID have a good case for HRM and MRC which was uplifting for me. Now I still wait on a date for my tribunal and was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how long I still have to go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #70323 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: DLA Appeal
Hi Mr Prince

Welcome to B&W. We aren't able to speculate on when your tribunal hearing will be. As you are fortunate enough to have a WRO, maybe they can give you some help with this, by calling the Tribunal Service.

I would also suggest that as they feel you have a good case and have sent it for appeal, you request that they represent you, which might make your hearing more successful, but in any case will take the pressure off you.

You can get information on B&W guides by clicking on Members Only in the orange section. We are happy to answer any general questions, but cannot answer specific ones about your case, I'm afraid.

May I wish you every success with your appeal.

Kind regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg. Reason: clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.