× Members

help!

• michelle
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #70426 by michelle
help! was created by michelle
Hi there. i recently lost my tribunal appeal as according to the panel although i am in pain i am not 'virtually unable to walk'. A week later i have only yesterday had more knee surgery putting me unable to walk for four weeks, then i can slowly start with crutches. this is not a cure for my problems just a way to aid the pain. can i reclaim yet ?

Awaiting any advice

Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #70433 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:help!
michelle wrote:

Hi there. i recently lost my tribunal appeal as according to the panel although i am in pain i am not 'virtually unable to walk'. A week later i have only yesterday had more knee surgery putting me unable to walk for four weeks, then i can slowly start with crutches. this is not a cure for my problems just a way to aid the pain. can i reclaim yet ?

Awaiting any advice

Michelle

Hi M,

As far as I am aware there is no time limit on when you can re-apply for DLA, after losing an appeal.

As you may be aware your limitations and needs must have been affecting you for the 3 months before a claim, and expected to last for at least 6 months after the date of the claim.

If you are to make a new claim, try using the extensive DLA guides accessed through the MEMBERS ONLY area on the left.

It may help if you can gain representation from an advice agency such as the CAB, although I realise that this is becoming more difficult due to reductions in funding.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.