× Members

ESA FORM (incapacity credits only received)

More
12 years 6 months ago #70431 by kazisedso
Hello everyone, i have had a look through the forum but haven't really come across an answer to my question, (please forgive me as it's probably there but ive missed it)
I recently received an ESA50/0311 form, having read the standard letter that came with it i was quite shocked to have received this form at all as i was not receiving incapacity payments,( or so i thought)so i spoke to DWP and asked why i had recieved it as i don't receive any benefits apart from DLA and tax credits,after being passed from pillar to post and alot of 'ooh yes i cannot see why we have sent it to you!!' i was put throught to someone who said that i was in receipt of incapacity credits and that if this was to continue i would have to fill out the ESA form, i suffer with mental health problems and the thought of having to put myself through this entire process of form filling and possible medical has really set me back, i am anxious and mentally exhausted with the racing thoughts that this has given me,my question is if i do not fill in this form could this affect my entitlement to DLA,i am really so frightened by all of this and i am a member of benefits and work and i am trying to use the mental health guide to fill in the form but i am really struggling, i have to have this form in by the 20th october and i really am just sat here looking at the pages and getting myself in a right state, which begs the question is it really worth all this hassle? i know that the credits protect my pension, but to have to go through all this and make myself ill, it just doesnt seem worth it to me, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70435 by bro58
karen
allsebrook wrote:

Hello everyone, i have had a look through the forum but haven't really come across an answer to my question, (please forgive me as it's probably there but ive missed it)
I recently received an ESA50/0311 form, having read the standard letter that came with it i was quite shocked to have received this form at all as i was not receiving incapacity payments,( or so i thought)so i spoke to DWP and asked why i had recieved it as i don't receive any benefits apart from DLA and tax credits,after being passed from pillar to post and alot of 'ooh yes i cannot see why we have sent it to you!!' i was put throught to someone who said that i was in receipt of incapacity credits and that if this was to continue i would have to fill out the ESA form, i suffer with mental health problems and the thought of having to put myself through this entire process of form filling and possible medical has really set me back, i am anxious and mentally exhausted with the racing thoughts that this has given me,my question is if i do not fill in this form could this affect my entitlement to DLA,i am really so frightened by all of this and i am a member of benefits and work and i am trying to use the mental health guide to fill in the form but i am really struggling, i have to have this form in by the 20th october and i really am just sat here looking at the pages and getting myself in a right state, which begs the question is it really worth all this hassle? i know that the credits protect my pension, but to have to go through all this and make myself ill, it just doesnt seem worth it to me, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Hi KA,

DLA is a totally seperate allowance, so if you decided not to fill in your ESA50, it shouldn't effect your DLA.

However reviews of DLA can be triggered by various events, and are even carried out at random on indefinate awards of DLA.

As you rightly say, by not completing your claim and opting out, it could affect your credits pertaining to your state pension.

Try your best to fill in and return your ESA50, have you tried getting help from the CAB or other advice agency.

Is there a CPN, carer, friend or family member who can help you with the form.

Hope this helps.

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #70476 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Re:ESA FORM (incapacity credits only received)
I don't know how old you are, but are you absolutely positive you need to be credited with these contributions? If you were born on or after 6 April 1950 (1945 for men) you now only need 30 years contributions, so if you've already worked/been credited for 30 years you will get a full pension. Years as a carer or parent can also count.

There is more about this
www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensionsandretireme...epension/DG_10014671
where you can check your pension age and get a pension forecast.

Apologies if you already know all this and it's not relevant - I was trying to do a bit of lateral thinking.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70490 by bro58
Hi KA,

I am just checking something with the other MODS, it may take a while, but I will post and let you know whether it is relevant to your cicumstances regarding the incapacity credits situation.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70493 by bro58
bro58 wrote:

Hi KA,

I am just checking something with the other MODS, it may take a while, but I will post and let you know whether it is relevant to your cicumstances regarding the incapacity credits situation.

cheers

bro58

Hi KA,

I have checked, and the situation that I mentioned above is not relevant, so please disregard my last post.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 6 months ago #70499 by kazisedso
Replied by kazisedso on topic Re:ESA FORM (incapacity credits only received)
Thank you to every one who has taken the time to reply i really appreciate it, i have spent most of today trying to fill out this awful form and i really have had trouble with it even though i have used your brilliant guide, the way they put questions is very confusing especially when you cannot concentrate properly.i am getting through it though and will post it on asap, i just find it so annoying that i am having to go through all of this when i don't actually receive any payments, i know credits towards my pension is important ( i'm 41) but to have to go over your illness again and again for DLA then ESA and to make sure that you include as much info as possible really is hard work and does set your progress back.
i really just want to chuck in the towel and say forget it it's not worth it! but unfortunately in some respects it is :(
The dla form is bad enough but this one is really horrible and it scares me to the point of panic when i think i may have to go for a medical.
once again thank you for your replies be interesting to know how many people are having to transfer over just on the incapacity credit side, i really didn'tthink that esa would apply to me!! :ohmy:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.