× Members

ESA FORM (incapacity credits only received)

More
12 years 2 months ago #79492 by kazisedso
Replied by kazisedso on topic Re:ESA FORM (incapacity credits only received)
Hi every one,
just a quick update.
i posted off the esa form and waited, and waited and waited,, basically i put it to the back of my mind, then on the 21st December i received this reply from my local job centre plus:

issuing section : IB MIGRATION

We recently contacted you to advise that you were due to be assessed to see if you qualified for ESA ( i've abbreviated).
This is a new benefit that helps people with an illness or disability move into work and provides people with the support they need.
Unfortunately as you are currently only receiving Incapacity Benefit Credits and are not receiving income support, you should not have been selected for reassessment at this time.
no decision will now be made as to whether or not you would have qualified.please ignore our earlier letters.
Please note that if you continue to remain entitled to credits on the basis of your incapacity for work,we will assess you for ESA at a future date.
we will contact you nearer the time.

yours sincerely.....

So!!! after all the awful panic and worry and upset, and the awful job of having to fill out the form, they have sent me this letter.
I was relieved but also very miffed at the fact that i did not need to be put through this terrible ordeal, and believe me it was an ordeal, and now possibly in the near future i will have to go through all of this process again.
I just thought i would let you know the situation, and once again thank those who replied quickly to my original question.
Will keep you updated.
all the best,
Karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79689 by slugsta
Hi Karen, how awful to have been put through all that worry unneccessarily!

I assume that you took a copy of the forms? Do keep them as they will come in handy if/when you are assessed for ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.