× Members

Disability Discrimination Act 1995

• fibrofog
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70432 by fibrofog
Disability Discrimination Act 1995 was created by fibrofog
A friend of mine has been filling in an application for part time work, anyone who comes under the above act and meets the minimum requirements for the post is guaranteed an interview. She is on ESA WRAG group with a number of conditions the main disabling one being fibromyalgia,are there specific conditions covered under this act or is it open? Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be great-thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70434 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Disability Discrimination Act 1995
fibrofog wrote:

A friend of mine has been filling in an application for part time work, anyone who comes under the above act and meets the minimum requirements for the post is guaranteed an interview. She is on ESA WRAG group with a number of conditions the main disabling one being fibromyalgia,are there specific conditions covered under this act or is it open? Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be great-thanks.

HI FF,

See information on DDA and Equalities Act 2010. HERE.:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/work

HERE. :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Righ...ityRights/DG_4001068

AND HERE. :

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

cheers

bro58

• fibrofog
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70440 by fibrofog
Replied by fibrofog on topic Re:Disability Discrimination Act 1995
Thanks bro58 great information there,sorry I didn't look before posting.

• caf
12 years 6 months ago #70562 by caf
Replied by caf on topic Re:Disability Discrimination Act 1995
I wasn't aware that you were guaranteed an interview under EA2010 - I thought that only if the company had the Two Ticks 'Positive about Disabled People' status?

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70563 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Disability Discrimination Act 1995
caf wrote:

I wasn't aware that you were guaranteed an interview under EA2010 - I thought that only if the company had the Two Ticks 'Positive about Disabled People' status?

Hi caf,

As far am I am aware the "Two Ticks" scheme is not mandatory under any legislation.

Moreover, I think companies adopt said scheme to try and avoid any claims under DDA / EA2010.

I think the OP was refering to DDA/EA2010, with regard to specific conditions covered under the acts.

cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.