× Members

Return of the Lie Detectors

• DeusExMacintosh
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70532 by DeusExMacintosh
Return of the Lie Detectors was created by DeusExMacintosh
:angry: My local council, from whom I currently claim both Housing and Council Tax Benefit, tried to lie-detector me again yesterday. Despite reading that DWP funding for pilot studies into VRA software were ending in November last year, a nice man from the VRA Team of the Revenue and Benefits section wanted a quick chat to "check my details" were all up to date (they are, I email any changes and received a notice of continuing eligibility for HB just last month). The pilot in Edinburgh has apparently "been extended".

Have now emailed my local councillors to ask who is paying for this. Oh, and I refused the interview.

Guardian article about 'end' of trials is here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Return of the Lie Detectors
DeusExMacintosh

It is not normally our policy to ask posters for confirmation of what they have said, but I feel as this topic could well cause alarm and distress to many members, such a request is justified.

So could I ask, how did you know that the interview was being processed by Voice Risk Analysis software?

Given that the DWP trial of this software was abandoned a year ago, why do you believe a trial is still operating in the Edinburgh area.

Thank you for co-operation in this matter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.