× Members

Money migration

• ZeroPointer
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70539 by ZeroPointer
Money migration was created by ZeroPointer
Can you tell me, in general how long it takes for money to get swapped over to WCA assessment rate once I send in my appeal for WCA. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70548 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Money migration
ZeroPointer wrote:

Can you tell me, in general how long it takes for money to get swapped over to WCA assessment rate once I send in my appeal for WCA. Thanks.

Probably around 2-3 weeks, from when they receive the appeal request in writing, maybe slightly quicker if your letter is received at the right time to fit in with the benefit payment run.

Don't forget to say that you want to be paid the Assessment rate, it should be automatic, but I have seen several cases where it did not happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #70554 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Money migration
What happens if one is then found not to be eligible for ESA? Does the money have to be paid back, or not as it is the same rate as JSA?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 6 months ago #70558 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Money migration
Mrs Hurtyback wrote:

What happens if one is then found not to be eligible for ESA? Does the money have to be paid back, or not as it is the same rate as JSA?

Hi MH,

If a claimant is paid assessment rate ESA whilst appealing, and then loses the appeal, the claimant does not have to pay back any of the assessment rate ESA that is paid up until the decision of said appeals tribunal hearing.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.