× Members

DLA

• andrew
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70586 by andrew
DLA was created by andrew
i have low mobility and high care indefinately. will i be reassed for DLA with the changes or will it be just the ib changes that affect me :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70594 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA
andrew wrote:

i have low mobility and high care indefinately. will i be reassed for DLA with the changes or will it be just the ib changes that affect me :huh:

The Welfare Reform Bill, when introduced, will replace DLA with a new benefit called Personal Independance Payments (PIP).

The Government has said that all adult DLA claimants under State Pension Age will will be re-assessed as part of the process of being transgerred to PIP.

Our PIP guide explains what information is currently available. See here

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #70600 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:DLA
hi
sorry to hi jack your theard but is the change to DLA to PIP still going ahead even with all the opposition that the government is getting by doing this? have they passed the bill as i heard it was still be debeted but it was moved into a smaller room so not as many people could oppose.
Thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70603 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA
Sandra wrote:

hi
sorry to hi jack your theard but is the change to DLA to PIP still going ahead even with all the opposition that the government is getting by doing this? have they passed the bill as i heard it was still be debeted but it was moved into a smaller room so not as many people could oppose.
Thanks

The Welfare Reform Bill is still being debated in the House of Lords, and there is opposition to it being passed, but given that the Lords themselves, voted to move the debate to a side room by a reasonable majority, it seems unlikely that it will not be passed unchanged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 6 months ago #70611 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:DLA
why dont the government listen to people we pay there wages and this is what they do to the sick and disabled its so wrong on many levels.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.