× Members

Transfer from ESA WRAG group to Support Group

More
12 years 5 months ago #70606 by Carrie
Hi all,

I, with the assistance of my daughter, have finally completed and returned my renewal form for ESA. Thanks to your excellent guidance, I was placed in the WRAG of ESA last year. At the time, I didn't appeal, as I honestly thought, this group would help me gain employment, given my physical and mental health difficulties. I am 49 yrs old and worked most of my adult life, therefore placed in the Contribution based group, as husband works etc.

Since, last year, I have received no support whatsoever from the JC+, who seemed to just want to get rid of me, as I didn't need IT training or attendance on an admin course (When I was made redundant I was manager of a day care centre)! Then they stopped calling me altogether.

My symptoms are now worse than 12 months ago, both physically and psychologically. I see three consultants at the hospital, including a psychiatrist who has recently referred me to a psychotherapist, a surgeon who has recommended three lots of surgery in the new year to repair damage made by radiotherapy to my right breast following cnancer 4 yrs ago, and a physiotherapist to treat my 'lymphoedema' caused by removal of several lymph nodes where my breast cancer had spread to. I am right-handed, and find simple tasks, dangerous, as I am unable to lift my right arm above my head and pick things up without serious risk to myself and others as I drop things. I have explained all this on my form. I'm sorry this is a long post, but does anyone know of (or have) similar disabilities and, if so, what is their experience of trying to move to the support group. Please note, these are only a few of my symptoms, but these are the main changes.

Best wishes,

Carrie :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #70610 by Gordon
Carrie

Entry to the Support Group is achieved ny you showing that you meet one or more of the assocaited criteria. These are listed in the Understanding ESA guide, page 24 onwards.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.