× Members

P45

More
12 years 6 months ago #71001 by MattyB
P45 was created by MattyB
Hello everyone,

I started on ESA in the middle of September (having been successfully transferred into the ESA Support Group from IB) but, unlike other members have been reporting on this site, I have not received a P45. Does anyone know if this would be because I did not have to pay tax on my IB because I was in receipt of it before 1995 (and was thus tax exempt)? Or shouldn't that make any difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71010 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:P45
MattyB wrote:

Hello everyone,

I started on ESA in the middle of September (having been successfully transferred into the ESA Support Group from IB) but, unlike other members have been reporting on this site, I have not received a P45. Does anyone know if this would be because I did not have to pay tax on my IB because I was in receipt of it before 1995 (and was thus tax exempt)? Or shouldn't that make any difference?

I would suggest you contact your local DWP office and ask whether you should be expecting one, I think it likely that it is because, as you suggested, your IB was tax exempt.

If you wouldn't mind, would you let us know what the outcome is, so we can advise other members in the future.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #71012 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Re:P45
Hi Matty B,
I received my letter confirming my transfer from IB to ESA on June 7th.
However the transfer did not take place until August 8th.
Ireceived my P45 the following week.
I would think you would receive yours in A few weeks.
It depends how long the transfer takes to be completed at Jobcentreplus.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71015 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Re:P45
Just a quick reply to Gordons response.
I was exempt under the 1995 rule, and also did not pay ant tax on my benefit but still received a P45.
When you get your P45 it will tell you that you have to give one part of it to your local Jobcentre.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71201 by MattyB
Replied by MattyB on topic Re:P45
Hi Gordon and Citymike,

Thank you very much for your replies. Interesting to know that you were tax exempt for IB but still received a P45, Citymike shortly after your transfer to ESA. I was notified of my transfer to ESA at the beginning of August, then the transfer actually took place in the middle of September, so it seems that I should have received my P45 by now. I'll give the DWP a ring tomorrow, Gordon, and see what they say.

Best wishes to you both,
Matty

More
12 years 6 months ago #71330 by MattyB
Replied by MattyB on topic Re:P45
Gordon wrote:

MattyB wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would suggest you contact your local DWP office and ask whether you should be expecting one, I think it likely that it is because, as you suggested, your IB was tax exempt.

If you wouldn't mind, would you let us know what the outcome is, so we can advise other members in the future.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I phoned the DWP this morning and the person I spoke to said that she doesn't think I shall be getting a P45 because I have been transferred to the Support Group of ESA, rather than the WRAG. She said that a P45 is mainly for a new employer, so that is not relevant for someone who is not expected to work again. Now I am not sure if this is correct information or not!

If anyone of our members who has been transferred from IB to the Support Group of ESA has been sent a P45, then clearly the DWP advisor I spoke to must be wrong, so please would anyone in that position let me know?

I asked the DWP person if she would double-check by seeing if a P45 has been sent to me or not, just in case one has and it has been lost in the post, but she said she was unable to do that because the list of documents sent to claimants is not yet available to DWP advisors! She said that the DWP are supposed to be making the lists available, but have not done so yet.

Best wishes,
Matty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.