× Members

P45

More
12 years 6 months ago #71336 by MattyB
Replied by MattyB on topic Re:P45
citymike wrote:

Just a quick reply to Gordons response.
I was exempt under the 1995 rule, and also did not pay ant tax on my benefit but still received a P45.
When you get your P45 it will tell you that you have to give one part of it to your local Jobcentre.

Hi citymike,

Please would you mind letting me know if you were put in the Support Group of ESA, or were you put in the WRAG? As you will see from my last post to Gordon, if you were put in the Support Group, then the advice the DWP advisor gave me this morning must be wrong.

Best wishes,
Matty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71346 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:P45
Matty

As is all too often the case with the call centre staff, what you were told is rubbish.

Whilst the SG tends to be for people with long term conditions, it is still perfectly possible for a claimant to meet the SG requirements for only a short period of time, before returning to work.

In addition, members of the SG are not subject to the same restrictions with regard to Permitted Work as members of the WRAG are, and although it may seem bizarre are therefore in a better position to carry out PW as a result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #71349 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Re:P45
Hi Matty B
I was placed in the WRAG,but when i rang to ask why i had been sent a P45 i was told i had to speak to the Incapacity benefit department.
On speaking to them they told me that when i was claiming IB they were classed as "my employer", and that now i had changed to ESA, they were now "my employer",and therefore IB had to issue me with a P45.
This then has to be given to Jobcentreplus for their records.
I would suggest you ring Jobcentreplus and press the option for IB and explain you were transfeered to ESA.

• harley
12 years 6 months ago #71356 by harley
Replied by harley on topic Re:P45
Hi all,

Im very confused about all this, in July I filled in my transfer from IB to ESA, I had not heard anything in late august so rang DWP, I then had a call from them and they told me that I had been put in the support group without a medical, but as of yet I have not had written confrimation of this, and my bank account still says IB next to my payments, 3 weeks ago I received my P45,and still have no written confrimation. So who knows what's going on, I'm past caring really.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71427 by MattyB
Gordon wrote:

Matty

As is all too often the case with the call centre staff, what you were told is rubbish.

Whilst the SG tends to be for people with long term conditions, it is still perfectly possible for a claimant to meet the SG requirements for only a short period of time, before returning to work.

In addition, members of the SG are not subject to the same restrictions with regard to Permitted Work as members of the WRAG are, and although it may seem bizarre are therefore in a better position to carry out PW as a result.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much for your reply. Thinking through the situation further after I had placed my previous post, I guessed that what I had been told was probably rubbish, so it was good to have you confirm that!

This morning I telephoned the DWP again but this time, on citymike's advice, I pressed the option for IB instead of ESA. The advisor looked up my records (which the previous advisor had told me was impossible!) and said that a P45 had indeed not been issued to me and this is because I had never paid tax on IB because of being in receipt of benefit since before 1995. This was the reason I had originally guessed would explain why I hadn't received a P45, but it doesn't explain why citymike did so in the same circumstances! But then, come to think of it, judging from their usual track record of muddle upon muddle, why should I expect the DWP to be consistent in all cases?! :silly:

I really appreciate being able talk through problems on this website. Many thanks for your input.

Matty

More
12 years 6 months ago #71429 by MattyB
citymike wrote:

Hi Matty B
I was placed in the WRAG,but when i rang to ask why i had been sent a P45 i was told i had to speak to the Incapacity benefit department.
On speaking to them they told me that when i was claiming IB they were classed as "my employer", and that now i had changed to ESA, they were now "my employer",and therefore IB had to issue me with a P45.
This then has to be given to Jobcentreplus for their records.
I would suggest you ring Jobcentreplus and press the option for IB and explain you were transfeered to ESA.

Hi citymike,

Thank you for your helpful suggestion which, as you will see from my above reply to Gordon, I have followed up.

Further to what I said in that last post, the DWP advisor told me that, as I had never received any P60s, a P45 would not be appropriate. Now from what you said before, I don't suppose you had received any P60s either, yet you still received a P45!

Somehow I doubt that I shall be able to untangle the DWP's inconsistency any further. At least they know they haven't sent me a P45 (and it hasn't got lost in the post). I have received a new tax code (completely wrong in the first instance (groan!) but I have now sorted that out with HMRC) so the DWP have definitely let HMRC know about the change of benefit.

Best wishes,
Matty

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.