× Members

I WON! I never thought it possible!

More
12 years 5 months ago #71184 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:I WON! I never thought it possible!
Derek,
I know your talking to everyone here but I wanted to say, you've made really important points your second paragraph; I will follow them carefully.
Thank you,
cmarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71185 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:I WON! I never thought it possible!
Yes Rachel, I would love to know this too. Are you now in the Support Group or are you talking about DLA??

Also, do you mind telling us where you had your Tribunal?

Thanks in advance for your time.
cmarie

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #72485 by lisalisa
Replied by lisalisa on topic Re:I WON! I never thought it possible!
Hi Rachel, so glad for you, I have my appeal in just over 2 weeks and I'm so scared I will be a jabbering wreck and just lose the plot. I understand that they are at the tribunal to hear you case but where do I start, do I just go with the flow with the questioning or do I need to write out a script of what I've got to say???Will they want me to put my case to them ?
I've forwarded everything to the tribunal so I'm a bit confused now. I need to get this all sorted really soon as time is going so fast please Rachel advice would really help me any advice is grateful, even now just thinking of tribunal I feel panicky
thank you
Lisa x

Moderator Edit - Posting amended (sentence/question removed) to prevent a technical breach of point 14 of forum FAQ's which although refers generally to claim forms would, in it's spirit, refer to appeal tribunals as well.

Please see www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/forum-faq#deleted

pete17971
pp moderating team
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by . Reason: remove question

• Redwood
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72493 by Redwood
Replied by Redwood on topic Re:I WON! I never thought it possible!
Not at all, I was appealing ESA. It was from a no benefit result to WRAG. I went from having NO points at the medical to 27 at appeal. Don't make you think my case must be ultra severe. I have suffered depression and anxiety last few years after break down of marriage. That's it. Life has been so hard, and it took 18 months from the time i applied for ESA until the tribunal!!

I would just say, appeal every time. Once I told them I was going to appeal it took a further 11 weeks until appeal date set. So if nothing else, buy yourself some valuable time to consider your options and next steps fully! Benefits reinstated in full as soon as you tell them you are going to appeal, up until tribunal.

All the best.... write again if you need to.Wishing you very well.

Rachel

• Redwood
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72494 by Redwood
I went from no points at medical to 27 points awarded at tribunal. My case was that I had suffered depression and anxiety since the break down of my marriage.

Wishing you very well at your tribunal. Just keep going til then!

R

• Redwood
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72495 by Redwood
Hiya

I had my tribunal at Bridgend in South Wales, and I am now in the Work Related Group.

Rach x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.