× Members

Incapacity to ESA - Watch out!

• Thumbelina
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #71310 by Thumbelina
Incapacity to ESA - Watch out! was created by Thumbelina
Hello, I just want to warn everyone who is switching from Incapacity to ESA to check the amounts they are getting paid very carefully.

When my ESA got paid into my account I noticed that it was less than the rate than the incapacity benefit I had been on - even though every document says you will not lose out financially by switching.

I queried this immediately and told it was due to something to do with my 'housing costs' and that my housing costs had gone up.

I checked my housing costs (which had not gone up) and found the last letter from the incapacity benefit office telling me how much I was getting and phone back the ESA people.

It took about four phone calls but they have admitted they have made a mistake and something went wrong on the computer and they will be restoring my incapacity benefit rate. In every phone call I emphasised that every document says my money will not change on ESA.

This has taken about 2 weeks to resolve, mainly because of my ill health but I am thankful that it has now been resolved.

But watch your money. I would have been £15 a month down if I hadn't spotted this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.