× Members

A bit worried

More
12 years 6 months ago #71434 by justme
A bit worried was created by justme
Hi
I’m sorry if this has been asked before but my ESA50 form had to be back by 20th Oct, yesterday.
I posted it 3 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

My fear is that it could have got lost in the post, and I have read the stories about the Post Office sorting staff opening them too, which has not made me feel any better about it.

I wondered if it might be an idea to phone them up to ask if they have received my form.
But I don’t want to rattle their cage so to speak. I have an 0800 number but I’m wary of phoning them.
I’m a bit worried to say the least. I suffer from severe anxiety and this is driving me mad.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 6 months ago #71439 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:A bit worried
stu wrote:

Hi
I’m sorry if this has been asked before but my ESA50 form had to be back by 20th Oct, yesterday.
I posted it 3 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

My fear is that it could have got lost in the post, and I have read the stories about the Post Office sorting staff opening them too, which has not made me feel any better about it.

I wondered if it might be an idea to phone them up to ask if they have received my form.
But I don’t want to rattle their cage so to speak. I have an 0800 number but I’m wary of phoning them.
I’m a bit worried to say the least. I suffer from severe anxiety and this is driving me mad.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
Stu

Hi stu

I can understand that you are worried whether your form has been received. If you feel you can't phone the 0800 number you have, can you get someone to phone for you, maybe a friend could do it for you, then you will be asked to confirm that you have given them permission to phone on your behalf. You need to stay nearby and a quick "yes" is usually sufficient.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael

More
12 years 6 months ago #71440 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re:A bit worried
Stu, please don't worry. This question has been asked loads of times before and there's no 'right' answer. Mines's took 7 weeks before I heard anything. I sent it recorded so I knew they (or Royal Mail!) got it. If you're really worried there would be no harm in phoning them, but if you're not up to it perhaps you could try writing (assuming they'll reply!. And it won't have any adverse effect on your claim if you do contact them.But I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about, but from a fellow anxiety sufferer I know these words won't reassure you!

More
12 years 6 months ago #71442 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re: A bit worried
I also should have said in my reply that if you have any friends/relatives (I don't) that would be prepared to phone on your behalf, but I think you would have to be there with personal details and give your permission or something.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71443 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Re:A bit worried
Many many thanks for your replies.

I plucked up the courage and just phoned them.

The guy I spoke to said he couldn't tell me if they had received it or not, as it is a migration from IB to Esa, and he said someone will phone me back either later today or monday. i just hope they phone back today.

I hope I haven't caused a stir

stu

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #71445 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Re:A bit worried
But I do think its a bit weird that he couldn't tell me though.

Stu

Well done for plucking up the courage to phone. Maybe not too weird that they couldn't tell you, as its early days and your claim maybe still in the pipeline, waiting to be dealt with.

Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, but keep a note of the day you rang them and if you asked for the mans name that too, (if not dont worry) and if you don't hear back after a while, give them another ring, when you feel able to.

Regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by michaelg.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.