× Members

What is an 'examination' ?

More
12 years 6 months ago #71435 by mumsgirl
What is an 'examination' ? was created by mumsgirl
I attended a medical assessment in early Sept. I repeatedly (6 times by post, including 3 by recorded delivery and a threat to request Subject Access)) asked them for all the documents relating to my claim. I received the ESA85 almost right away. This morning I received ESA85A and ESA113 with a letter saying there is no ESA65 because "this form is only used when an examination has been carried out". So my question is - what is an examination? I thought it was the same as an assessment? I claimed for mental health problems so there was no physical exam as such. It says on both the ESA85 and ESA85A "the ESA50, medical evidence, history and examination indicates that the client is unlikely to return to work and undertake work related activity in the longer term". it also says on the letter that my Gp didn't write a letter of support, but the Atos HCP said she wrote a really good one? I'm confused! Did I have an exam or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71447 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:What is an 'examination' ?
Hi mumsgirl

A medical examination is that same as an medical assessment; they are now called face-to-face assessments.

I understand that an ESA65 is only produced when a face-to-face has been carried out and the claimant has been found fit for work, which may be why there is no ESA65 for your assessment.

Regards

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.