× Members

Stressed with being a student and ESA

• welshgirl
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71469 by welshgirl
Stressed with being a student and ESA was created by welshgirl
Hi all currently getting income support but won't be entitled to this much longer :( i currently get DLA LRM and HRC. What i am really stressed about is worrying is that i am a full time student doing 35 hours a week i am doing a childcare course.

I saw my GP today and she was confused whether or not i need a fit note she was not sure anyone know?? and are ESA likely to look at my claim and think that i can work because i am in college. I mam so worried

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 5 months ago #71478 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Stressed with being a student and ESA
welshgirl wrote:

Hi all currently getting income support but won't be entitled to this much longer :( i currently get DLA LRM and HRC. What i am really stressed about is worrying is that i am a full time student doing 35 hours a week i am doing a childcare course.

I saw my GP today and she was confused whether or not i need a fit note she was not sure anyone know?? and are ESA likely to look at my claim and think that i can work because i am in college. I mam so worried

Hi WG,

If you are receiving Income Support on grounds of long term sickness or disability, you will be migrated over to ESA any time between now and spring 2014.

Sorry but we have no idea when.

If you currently do not have to provide sick notes to receive your I.S. then that is still the case.

Once your migration starts you will receive a letter, you will then go through an assessment period, before a decision is made on whether to award you ESA.

If you are in receipt of I.S. for some other reason, then you will not be migrated to ESA.

If applicable have a read of our extensive ESA Guides accessed from this link. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

They tell you how the migration will progress, and how best to put your case across.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.