× Members

DLA to PIP.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #71514 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
DLA to PIP. was created by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Latest news from Maria Millar Minister for Disabled People on the transition. from DLA to PIP. Written answer to my MP ( Westmorland & Lonsdale) Tim Farron, President of Lib Dems :

From April 2013 to March 2016 everyone aged 16 to 64 receiving DLA will be reassessed to see whether they are entitled to the new Personal Independence Payment.

People entitled to Personal Independence Payment will have their claims smoothly transferred over and their DLA will stop.

Those not found to be entitled to Personal Independence Payment will be informed and their DLA will stop. They may be able to claim other benefits.

There are no current plans to replace DLA with Personal Independence Payment for children aged under 16 and people over the age of 65 who are already receiving DLA

DWP updates information or PIP on it's website Personal Independence payment.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71557 by sfros46
Replied by sfros46 on topic Re:DLA to PIP.
Here we go again - more divisive legislation - so what they are saying is if you are below retirement age we can stop your DLA because we don't think you need it but if you are retired you can keep yours regardless of whether you need it or not.

I am already resigned to loosing my ESA because of the 12 month rule due to my financial situation.

I'm not in favour of these benefit reforms but if they are going to be applied surely it has to be right across the board so everyone is on the same level playing field.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71569 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Re:DLA to PIP.
why are they not listening to people. does this mean the reform is going ahead? but it should be a level playing field not one rule for over 65 and below 16 and another in between the age range. its wrong. i have lost count how many times i have contacted my MP about the reforms but he never replied.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.