× Members

Xfer to ESA - Put in WRAG without submitting ESA50

More
12 years 6 months ago #71577 by Lavender
A friend of mine is very severely affected by ME, virtually housebound and relies on an advocate to help her fill in her DWP forms. Unfortunately her advocate had a serious accident last month and is unable to help my friend complete her ESA50. My friend's GP regularly visits her at home and has wrote to the DWP explaining that there would be a delay in submitting the ESA50 and asking for an extension of the time limit.

My friend's GP has indicated that she is willing to write a letter to DWP stating that she will be unable to attend a medical assessment and a domiciliary visit will be required.

On Saturday my friend got a letter from the DWP telling her she has been put in the WRAG and will be required to attend WFI's.

I would be interested to know if other members have been put in the WRAG without even having the opportunity to explain their difficulties via the ESA50.

My friend is going to write to the DWP to ask for a statement of reasons. She is also intending to appeal. Do members think that a completed ESA50 should also be completed. My friend does have a considerable amount of medical evidence regarding diagnosis, symptoms and prognosis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71582 by DRAGON2009
it sounds irregular in the sense of rare to me, but I think they have discretion whether or not to require uyou to complete a form, and it appears here that has been used.
A ESA form is just one item of evidence, they can choose to rely on existing evidence, or other material

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.