× Members

Appeal Granted !!!

• Dseven
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71580 by Dseven
Appeal Granted !!! was created by Dseven
Hi everyone, I am just posting this incase it can give hope to anyone who is waiting for their ESA Tribunal Appeal.

I was very nervous, especially as I suffer from social anxiety. Well I was in and out within 5 minuets! I had no representative, only my mother for some support. I was asked one question about hypos, because I am a type 1 diabetic, and the judge turned to the doctor and said he was happy with what he had heard, and then said to me that he was awarding me my appeal! I was shocked to say the least, because I thought I would have to explain about the other conditions I have which I had given evidence for in my appeal papers. Which are Cheiroarthropaphy, anxiety, and nerve damage in my legs, as well as dihydrocodeine painkille addiction. I was not asked anything about any of that. So all I can presume is that they must of taken all that in to consideration towards awarding me my points. Which I don't know what I got. The judge said they will write to me with the details of the award, and in the mean time there is nothing for me to worry about.

So if anyone is dreading their tribunal, if mine is anything to go buy, then it was no where near as difficult as I had thought it would be. The Judge even complimented me on how I had handled the situation and how I was presented. So a tip is to dress smartly.

Thanks to the info I got from this forum, it really did help me with what I had written for my case. So thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #71583 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: Appeal Granted !!!
Hi Dseven

Pleased you found B&W guides useful and that you had a good experience at tribunal.

Good luck with your result.

Regards

Michael

• angelm
12 years 5 months ago #71609 by angelm
Replied by angelm on topic Re: Appeal Granted !!!
I am so pleased for you, it is such a daunting experience, mine is in 4 weeks, but from what I read on here, they listen, and don't have a hidden agenda.
WELL DONE.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71625 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re: Appeal Granted !!!
Well done, I am so glad that you have got the result you were hoping for!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dseven
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71635 by Dseven
Replied by Dseven on topic Re:Appeal Granted !!!
Thanks folks.

I also forgot to mention that the WCA test had orignially scored me with 0 points. I am intrigued to see how many I have been awarded now I have won my appeal.

I will post up the result once I have it.

• paula
12 years 5 months ago #71931 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Appeal Granted !!!
Congratulations on your appeal success. Be interesting to know what you got awarded. How long did you have to wait for the appeal from your decision letter from you medical by the way?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.