× Members

Notify DWP Increase in Medication ?

• emma72
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #71719 by emma72
Notify DWP Increase in Medication ? was created by emma72
Hi Everyone,

I have moved house over a year ago and i informed the DWP of change of address, but since last December my Anxiety/ Depression have worsened.
My medication has gone from 30mg a day, to 75mg and i am going to increase again from tomorrow, as im seeing my G.P.
My previous G.P. wrote me a letter in support of my ESA claim, as my ATOS medical, said i was fit for work !I had a Tribunal, which i won and was placed in the WRAG.As my condition has deteriated, since the medical, would i now be placed in the Support Group ?
I have significant Anxiety disorder, Social Phobia, 2 Prolapsed disc's which give me alot of pain, Sleep Apnea and Irritable Bowel Syndrome :(
I can only go out with my partner in the car for short trips, and get extremely Anxious before going.
I have to attend the sleep clinic which takes 1 hour drive, and i totally panic before during and after !Please help, im not sure how to inform them and also what i need to tell them ?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Derek4. Reason: removed bold text

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71723 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Notify DWP Increase in Medication ?
Hi Emma

A change in medication isn't in my view a change of circumstances.

You are required to report an improvement in your condition. The DWP also expect you to inform them of a deterioration in your condition, see ESA40 (page 15).

It is impossible to say whether you would get into the support group with your current circumstances but if you inform the DWP, it's possible that you will be reassessed and potentially be placed in the support group. You can inform the DWP by writing a letter to the office dealing with your claim explaining your current circumstances and how your condition has worsened.

Hope this helps

Derek

• emma72
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71724 by emma72
Replied by emma72 on topic Re:Notify DWP Increase in Medication ?
Many thank's for your help :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.