× Members

DLA Appeal - Counter-response

More
12 years 5 months ago #71766 by dollyp
DLA Appeal - Counter-response was created by dollyp
I have received the appeal papers from DWP. I have ME and it takes me a lot of effort to prepare things and I am planning to write out a full argument against all of the DM's points to help me ensure that I cover all I need to when the appeal is held.

My question: should I submit this to the Tribunal Service prior to the hearing?

If so, must this be submitted within the month DWP give me to provide supplementary evidence?

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #71774 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:DLA Appeal - Counter-response
David wrote:

I have received the appeal papers from DWP. I have ME and it takes me a lot of effort to prepare things and I am planning to write out a full argument against all of the DM's points to help me ensure that I cover all I need to when the appeal is held.

My question: should I submit this to the Tribunal Service prior to the hearing?

If so, must this be submitted within the month DWP give me to provide supplementary evidence?

David

Hi David

I think you really should read the B&W guides in the orange Members Only section about appealing a decision. They will help you prepare.

If you are asking about DLA, you should submit your papers, numbered with your name & NI number on them, prior to the date of the tribunal, as papers not received in time for the panel to read them, may be dismissed as evidence.

Having said this it is possible to submit a small amount of new evidence on the day, by providing at least 4 copies, as well as your own.

Regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg. Reason: see above

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.