× Members

Good news but...

• rowland
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71796 by rowland
Good news but... was created by rowland
Just for others who are going through the migration - it took 3 n half weeks from submission of ESA50 to response, my local office is Croyden.

I should be happy as I have been placed in the support group without a medical.

I have bipolar and truly believed I would not be entitled, despite all the professionals involved in my care supporting me with letters/reports etc.

Being awarded the ESA has just reinforced my view of myself - that I am pathetic, underserving and useless.

I do know it's the depression talking but it doesn't make those feelings any less.

Should I request an ESA85/ESA65 so I know why, what for and when I might be reassessed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #71807 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Good news but...
rowland

i also have bipolar & have been put in2 wrag so am appealing. i am happy for u that u made it 2 support group, u should b happy mate, every1 on here is fighting for it. please try 2 c it as a positive, i know hard with the depression.

i would b interested 2 hear more of ur story as im sure other on here would, & what descripters u met etc.

i would request the esa85a/esa65 anyway, it would b interesting 2 read what they say & get an idea what ur prognosis was for re-assement so u dont have that extra worry.

cheers buddy

martin

Mod Edit:

Martin, you have previously been asked in this post:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...71173&catid=10#71173

NOT to use 'text speak' when posting on the forum as it causes severe problems for mods and members who have to use screen readers for disability reasons,

May I again request that you do not use 'Text Speak' when posting on the forum.

Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.

pete17971

Moderating team
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by pete17971. Reason: add mod edit

More
12 years 5 months ago #71809 by Twinkle
Replied by Twinkle on topic Re:Good news but...
Hi Rowland

I'm pleased for you that you haven't had to go through the stress of having a medical, however, I empathise that you too along with all of us on this forum have an illness which entails that we're unable to work.
You are most definitely not pathetic nor are you undeserving or useless! I take your point that it's the depression talking, I think we all feel like that on occasions but remember that we all have our uses, whatever they may be!
So try not to be too hard on yourself, this forum is of great support with fantastic input from the moderators and contributors.

Perhaps one of the mods could advise you in relation to your question re: ESA85/ESA65 .

Best wishes to you
Twinkle

More
12 years 5 months ago #71814 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Good news but...
Pete im sorry, i'll remember in future, its just thats the way im used to posting on twitter to save space as your only allowed 140 characters. its just a habbit iv gotten into, it wont happen again.

martin

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #71815 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re: Good news but...
greeneyedlad wrote:

Pete im sorry, i'll remember in future, its just thats the way im used to posting on twitter to save space as your only allowed 140 characters. its just a habbit iv gotten into, it wont happen again.

martin

Hi Martin,

Many thanks.

Pete

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.