× Members

DLA Renewal Question

More
12 years 5 months ago #71826 by feline
DLA Renewal Question was created by feline
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and just wondered if anyone could help me with a question:

Is it a okay to submit exactly the same information that I put on my DLA form two years ago, onto the new renewal form that has come in the post for me to complete? Or is this not advisable?

My last claim 2 years ago was successful - LR care and MR mobility. I have ME/depression and am keen to get the same result again (I am dependent on this rate to live on and pay for my current treatment). My situation is as it was two years ago when I applied.

If I basically copy across the the info from the old form (I have a copy of the original) onto the new one, I am hoping this may help to achieve a similar outcome. This would also save me a lot of time and effort - I can't bear the thought of going through all the paperwork again.

I am worried though that if the DWP have a copy of my old form and see that I've literally given them exactly the same info word for word, it will actually count against me.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #71829 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: DLA Renewal Question
Hi feline

Welcome to B&W.

If your condidtion is unchanged you should point this out when you complete the DLA renewal form.

However this doesn't mean that you shouldn't complete all the boxes - see link below to B&W guides which give full details on how to complete a DLA claim form.

Its recommended to include evidence of your current condidtion, from GP, consultant, health professional & even a friend.

Good luck

Michael

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

PS I should add that its not a just medical or mental health condition alone that leads to qualification of DLA but the help you need from someone else, whether you get that help or not. M
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg.

More
12 years 5 months ago #71985 by feline
Replied by feline on topic Re: DLA Renewal Question
Thanks for this - I will definitely mention that my condition is unchanged, as you suggest.

I suppose what I am uncertain of, is is it okay to copy large chunks of information from the form two years ago onto the renewal form? I don't know whether this will look inauthentic in some way - that I am giving them pretty much exactly the same information word for word again. Are they likely to look at my old DLA form, or to even still have a copy? I was under the impression that renewal was like applying freshly, and they take only the new info you provide into account. But a woman on the DLA's customer line told me yesterday that they'll look at the old form and any old evidence I gave them too from two years ago. Is this correct?! If so, I'm assuming a form that I send in which looks pretty much identical to the one I gave them two years ago, even though all the info is true, will look odd to them.

Many thanks in advance x

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #71992 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA Renewal Question
It is not wrong to use the same wording again, and I know people that have successfully done it, but like Michael says, make sure you give any evidence you have of your current condition and do say that your condition hasn't changed if that is the case.

But renewing a claim can be a good opportunity to double check that you've included all relevant information so do follow Michael's link even if you used the guide last time.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72001 by feline
Replied by feline on topic Re: DLA Renewal Question
Thanks - this is really helpful :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.