× Members

Is there any alternative to benefits

• Bluemidget
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71860 by Bluemidget
Is there any alternative to benefits was created by Bluemidget
Hello I am a new member who suffers from depression and anxiety .. I claim DLA and Incapacity and have just received a letter about expecting a phone call to explain the process of moving onto ESA before they send me a form to fill in.

I have a few questions I wonder if you could help with .

First if I do not answer the phone will they just sent me the form.

Second as being on benefits is actually becoming the biggest negative influence on my mental health do I have any alternatives other than homelessnes.

I ask as I can not continue living like this even if I filled these forms in correctly I can only look forward to doing it again in another years time.

What would happen if I failed all the tests but was unable to sign on as fit for work ...

Sorry for the big list but right now I can only see my future as been one of homelessnes or worse ..
The topic has been locked.
  • michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #71866 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: Is there any alternative to benefits
Hi Bluemidget

Welcome to B&W.

Regarding your migration form IB to ESA our Mod Gordon has posted a link here - www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=70444#70487

Yoy can find full details of ESA by clicking the orange Members Only section.

Your claim for DLA might be affected by your ESA award.

As far as homelesness is concerned I would suggest you contact Shelter here -

www.shelter.org.uk/

If you have any general questions about benefits or how to use the B&W guides, please let us know. I'm afraid we can't answer specific questions about your claim(s) and you shoul consider consulting a Welfare Rights Officer at an Advice Agency.

Regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg. Reason: spelling
More
12 years 5 months ago #71873 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Is there any alternative to benefits
Bluemidget

I feel exactly the same, im afraid as far as im aware the only alternative to benefits or homelessness is to win the lottery, thats what im hoping for anyway as many other members on here.

sorry i cant be anymore help, please keep with it, theres lots of good threads on here with advice you can read. i know its exhausting but we cant let the DWP beat us down!

good luck

martin
  • Bluemidget
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71878 by Bluemidget
Replied by Bluemidget on topic Re: Is there any alternative to benefits
Thank you for you replies I must admit to be totally confused after reading the articles on claiming Incapacity Benefit where I score high to reading the articles on claiming ESA where it appears I do not have a problem.
More
12 years 5 months ago #71881 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re: Is there any alternative to benefits
i think thats the point we are all fighting, the new system is not fair on sick/disabled people, but thats the laws being passed by our government. whats to be done?

writing to our mp's is at least taking a stand maybe, surely its worth a try?!

martin
  • Bluemidget
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71883 by Bluemidget
Replied by Bluemidget on topic Re: Is there any alternative to benefits
My local MP thinks people with disabilities should work for less than minimum wage.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.