× Members

Is there any alternative to benefits

• paula
12 years 6 months ago #71937 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Is there any alternative to benefits
Hi Martin,
Know how you feel about gp's. Write down before you go how you are feeling and about the problems with the esa113 form. The Gp's are getting muddled over these forms and you might be surprised in that he understands more than you think how you are feeling about it all. Blame their lack of training with these esa forms, they do not understand them. See what he says and explain you are thinking of appealing to try and get into the support group if that is your way forward and tell him why and see what he says and before you go list the reasons for appealing and see if he agrees when you see him. If you get nowhere that is when you see another gp. yOU WON't alineate him. All you can do is try. Try and get some rest tonight, and then the next step tomorrow. Take care. Let us know how you get on. Thinking of you and sending you warm wishes.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 6 months ago #71955 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:Is there any alternative to benefits
paula

how very kind of you, thank you.

hugs

martin
More
12 years 6 months ago #72000 by chrysalis
Replied by chrysalis on topic Re:Is there any alternative to benefits
I got the letter today, I had to ring them as my number they got is out of date.

I was put on hold numerous times and thought they were going to fast track me (as I rang them) but they just asked if I am married and how do I get around, as well as my new number, got told I will get a phone call within a week.

Whats disturbing is they have named the form "limited capability for work questionaiire" meaning the assumption is that everyone claiming will be able to work to some degree and be pushed in that direction. Thats the way I have intepreted it considering the name.

Since they started this march this year and its a 3 year process I guess is my typical luck I am one of the early ones, and I dread to think whats going to happen. I am well aware this new assessment is much tougher then the old one which I think i barely passed.

As far as my MP goes I written to her shortly after the last election and she appears completely uninterested as I didnt even get a reply, whilst my old MP always helped me on benefits.

As to the question what happens when told fit for work, well this happened to me before and I also lost the appeal, basically I applied for the dole (obviously under false pretences), at that time I wasnt as bad as I am now and was just about able to do the signing on, after this went on for some weeks I was then asked what I was doing to find work, I said nothing as I am not well enough but I had to claim as nothing else to live on, at which point they immediatly put me back on IB and wasnt penalised for claiming JSA when unable to work. That was a quite a few years ago tho and I have no idea if this sort of thing is blocked out now plus if it happens again I am not well enough to regurly sign on now. The only hope is last time unemployemnt was this high they didnt make half the JSA claimants sign on as they were overwhelmed so I guess could be lucky in that regard. I still think its wrong they split income based and contribution based, my IB is the same level as I would get on the other one but I dont get things like cold weather payments.

The whole thing is a nightmare, and like others here I wish I could win the lottery and not have to worry about the benefit system again and the stigma that goes with it. Most likely I would setup a legal fund with a chunk of my winnings and use it to fund appeals for those who dont get help from the system, as I still remember my DLA appeal when legal aid basically hung me to dry at the last minute saying my case was too low chance of success so they dropped it.

Most likely if I lost my IB (which also triggers housing benefit to stop), my sister would end up taking me in, however she had a mini stroke and isnt fully well herself although now recovering at least.
More
12 years 6 months ago #72135 by greeneyedlad
Just a reply that might cheer everyone up. after wishing & wishing I finally won the lottery last night, yes can you believe it?! i won, wait for it....£2.50!!!!!

you never know guys, next time it might be you! hehe

Martin
  • Bluemidget
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #72194 by Bluemidget
Replied by Bluemidget on topic Re:Is there any alternative to benefits
Is there a real chance of seeing people in wheelchairs with signs saying homeless and hungry on our streets ? or is it aimed at people with invisible disabilities like mental health problems ?
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #72199 by greeneyedlad
Sorry, it has not been possible to publish your post.

Please see Why have you deleted my post?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Derek4.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.