× Members

Time limits on the use of a WCA

• PDG
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #71917 by PDG
Time limits on the use of a WCA was created by PDG
I was recently turned down for DLA, the reason given was the results of the medical that I underwent on 29/7/2010 as part of my application for ESA. The WCA was set aside by the tribunal that awarded my ESA, as it was not conducted properly. So my question is can such a flawed and old medical be the basis for a decision?

Any help is much appreciated

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #71941 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Time limits on the use of a WCA
PDG wrote:

I was recently turned down for DLA, the reason given was the results of the medical that I underwent on 29/7/2010 as part of my application for ESA. The WCA was set aside by the tribunal that awarded my ESA, as it was not conducted properly. So my question is can such a flawed and old medical be the basis for a decision?

Any help is much appreciated

Paul

I don't think that the link between the ESA computer system and the DLA one are very sophisticated, so it is likely that all that the DLA DMs can see is a reference to the medical report and likely the ability to see a copy.

That said, it perfectly possible that the ESA system is not capable of recognising that a report is no longer valid.

So unfortunately, it is perfectly possible for this situation to arise.

You don't say whether you are considering a Reconsideration or an appeal, but if you do, you should be able to use the fact that this report is no longer valid as a cornerstone of any submission.

See How to submit an appeal

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• PDG
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71944 by PDG
Replied by PDG on topic Re:Time limits on the use of a WCA
Thanks Gordon

I was going to ask them to reconsider the decision on the basis of an invalid WCA, at least that way I will get two chances to put my case forward.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.