× Members

how will i get contacted about the switchover

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #71954 by mike1983
ive yet to recieve my esa form to fill in to go into the support group as i know thats where il end up suffering with epilespy depression and autism and the side effects that come with it, learning difficulties and problem solving and failure to understand instructions properly but will they contact me via phone email or post with this as im paranoid i dnt like answering the phone unless its a number i know

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #71956 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:how will i get contacted about the switchover
mike1983 wrote:

ive yet to recieve my esa form to fill in to go into the support group as i know thats where il end up suffering with epilespy depression and autism and the side effects that come with it, learning difficulties and problem solving and failure to understand instructions properly but will they contact me via phone email or post with this as im paranoid i dnt like answering the phone unless its a number i know

Hi,

Normally after receiving an initial letter entitled 'Your Benefits are Changing' you will receive the phone call from JobCentre Plus during which the migration process is explained.

After that one receives the ESA50, Limited Capability for Work questionnaire.

If one doesn't answer the phone when JobCentre Plus ring for that initial call(or are out etc) they seem to try a couple more times, then give up and you just receive the ESA50 in the post as normal.

Pete

• paula
12 years 5 months ago #71960 by paula
hi, if you do not feel up to answering the phone you do not have to. I too get paranoid with the phone as well, and i have an answer machine, so if i recognise the voice i answer it, if i don't i won't. The process continues wether you answer the phone or not, the questionnaire still arives, around 2 weeks after the date of the original letter. Good luck with it, warm wishes.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.