Freq. Asked questions

More
12 years 5 months ago #71972 by Augustus
Freq. Asked questions was created by Augustus
:(

Hi!
I read the following on the FAQ board:

" What will I be transferred to?

If you currently receive Incapacity Benefit (IB) then you will be transferred to Contribution Based ESA.

I am currently on IB. I do not understand this answer because i thought the possibilities were: into support group [ no time limit] or WRAG [contr or means tested after 12 months]. So I believed that the answer above related only to those in WRAG.
Is this the case, or is there another worry for me to consider?

Grateful for any advice on this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paula
12 years 5 months ago #71975 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re: Freq. Asked questions
When not if the welfare reform act becomes law then yes it is pretty much it. However, people placed in the support group are subject to regular reviews as well, it depends what the atos medical report says in time line for a review, 3, 6,12 18 months, some people have been receving another esa50 questionnaire within a month or so of being placed in the support group. Evryone will be subject to more reviews, more hassle and more stress. None of it makes sense. The dwp really love their paper work chains. Ridiculous!

More
12 years 5 months ago #71976 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
Augustus wrote:

:(

Hi!
I read the following on the FAQ board:

" What will I be transferred to?

If you currently receive Incapacity Benefit (IB) then you will be transferred to Contribution Based ESA.

I am currently on IB. I do not understand this answer because i thought the possibilities were: into support group [ no time limit] or WRAG [contr or means tested after 12 months]. So I believed that the answer above related only to those in WRAG.
Is this the case, or is there another worry for me to consider?

Grateful for any advice on this.

Thanks

Hi Augustus

There are two types of ESA: income-related and contribution-related. This is entirely separate from the two groups, work-related activity and support group.

If you are currently on IB and you pass the WCA you will be placed on CR-ESA; it remains to be seen which group you will be place in.

Please read the Understanding ESA guide (page 2) for more information.

Hope this explains

Derek

More
12 years 5 months ago #72046 by Augustus
Replied by Augustus on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
In reply to Derek's response.

Is it correct that all current IB claimants, if successful, will be placed either in Support or WRAG on a contribution basis, BUT
if in Support on contr. basis, then the claim is not time-limited, but if in WRAG, then limited to 12 months, before moved to income -related.

Is this correct?

Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #72049 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
Yes, that is correct.

Derek

• rowland
12 years 5 months ago #72087 by rowland
Replied by rowland on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
Sorry,

A sort of continuation -

If on ESACB in support group and you apply for the top up ESAIR what would happen to the IR bit - would that be theoreticaly not time limited either?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.