× Members

Freq. Asked questions

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #72144 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
The Bill has not become an Act and will not become one until April 2012.

Nothing has been passed as such yet.

As far as some of us could see by reading through the Lords Hansard up to last week, the issue of ESA con has not been fully discussed by the Grand committee yet.

Fingers crossed everyone but don't hold your breath!

Mel, you do not have to be working to claim ESA.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72160 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
RachelPotter wrote:

As far as some of us could see by reading through the Lords Hansard up to last week, the issue of ESA con has not been fully discussed by the Grand committee yet.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Still a ray of hope then eh Rachel? :cheer:

I am on ESA (CB), which may end in April as I have been on for more than 365 days. Just thought somebody mentioned on here somewhere, that rather than lose it in April, I might be able to apply for ESA (IR), but from the reply from Gordon, don't think I will :(

More
12 years 5 months ago #72162 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
Gordon wrote:

If your total income exceeds the amount that would payable for ESA(IR) and any premiums that you might be eligible for then you will lose entitlement to the benefit.

Gordon

sorry to be so dim, but if my husband's income is more than I would get as an individual on ESA (IR), then surely they have to take into account that my husband's income is being split two ways (well three, with me, my daughter and my husband), rather than the amount that I as an individual would get on ESA (IR)

More
12 years 5 months ago #72277 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
You would think so, wouldn't you Mel? :S

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #72279 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Freq. Asked questions
Mel wrote:

Gordon wrote:

If your total income exceeds the amount that would payable for ESA(IR) and any premiums that you might be eligible for then you will lose entitlement to the benefit.

Gordon

sorry to be so dim, but if my husband's income is more than I would get as an individual on ESA (IR), then surely they have to take into account that my husband's income is being split two ways (well three, with me, my daughter and my husband), rather than the amount that I as an individual would get on ESA (IR)

Hi Mel

I'm posting this link, which as far as I'm aware is permitted by B&W. It enables you to do a benefits calculation.

www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

If I'm wrong about this link, I'm sure a more senior mod will tell me. Hope you find it useful.

Regards

Michael

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.