× Members

LOST MED CERT !!

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #72052 by quietlightning
Replied by quietlightning on topic Re:LOST MED CERT !!
Derek, and to say the amount of money it must be costing the goverment, they are trying to cut back but to be honest all this is costing them far much more than paying our due benefits.

I now have to make my way to my Gp, my husband is having to leave work early as he is the one that drives me there just to fax a copy of my Med Cert, and then, he has to drive back to work, he is not happy at all with DWP. I just hope the loss of the certificate is a one off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #72054 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic Re:LOST MED CERT !!
Derek

Sent all my documents special delivery etc and had the same experience DWP claimed they never received my med certificate along with doctor report from hospital etc etc.

After 5 telephone calls they said send them all again but by fax to a number they provided. Faxed them from a high street stationers at considerable cost to me that I coul not really aford.

We should not have to pay for their incompetence!!

Ngiveup

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #72066 by quietlightning
I cannot understand why they would not accept me faxing the copy of my cert via another fax, it HAD to be via my doctors fax.

• pete17971
12 years 6 months ago #72070 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:LOST MED CERT !!
quietlightning wrote:

I cannot understand why they would not accept me faxing the copy of my cert via another fax, it HAD to be via my doctors fax.

Hi,

I think it is to reduce the chances of someone 'snowpaking' and changing the dates the certificate is valid for and faxing the 'amended' certificate in.

If it is faxed from the Doctors Surgery, the chances of this happening are reduced. Normally on the received fax, the name or at least the fax number of the premises where it is sent from is displayed, so they can check it came from a doctors surgery.

Pete

• quietlightning
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #72073 by quietlightning
pete17971 wrote:

quietlightning wrote:

Hi,

I think it is to reduce the chances of someone 'snowpaking' and changing the dates the certificate is valid for and faxing the 'amended' certificate in.

If it is faxed from the Doctors Surgery, the chances of this happening are reduced. Normally on the received fax, the name or at least the fax number of the premises where it is sent from is displayed, so they can check it came from a doctors surgery.

Pete

Pete, thanks for your explanation, very much appreciated

QL

More
12 years 6 months ago #72082 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:LOST MED CERT !!
Will your GP fax a copy if you phone and speak to him/her, rather than having to go to the surgery in person?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.