× Members

indef dla what should I do

• clio
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72031 by clio
indef dla what should I do was created by clio
Hi
as I have put I get lrm and lrc indef.
the thing I have have more needs than originally stated so do I ask for another form to fill or stay as I am

as anybody had this done sucessfully giving them a higher rate and kept there indef .
I am in two mind because do I leave it as it is or send in another claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #72037 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:indef dla what should I do
clio wrote:

Hi
as I have put I get lrm and lrc indef.
the thing I have have more needs than originally stated so do I ask for another form to fill or stay as I am

as anybody had this done sucessfully giving them a higher rate and kept there indef .
I am in two mind because do I leave it as it is or send in another claim

Hi,

It is a tough decision.

However if your needs have changed by a substantial degree then in reality you should report it as a change of circumstances anyway.

In asking for a review of a claim, not only could it be reduced downwards, you may lose the indefinite period of your award (but do bear in mind working aged people will be reassessed from 2013 when PIP starts).

It is rare for people's awards to be reduced or lost in asking for a review, but it does happen. So, if you have an existing award, it is always very valuable to get an opinion from a welfare rights worker if you possibly can before going ahead with asking for the review. This is to help establish the relative safety of your current award versus the possibility of the award being increased.

Pete

More
12 years 5 months ago #72040 by Porridge
Replied by Porridge on topic Re:indef dla what should I do
My MRC was indefinite then I asked for a reconsideration and it was increased to HRC but for five years only. I think it was worth it because I need to pay for help and couldn't afford that on MRC. But I did feel wounded that it wasn't indefinite, they are a lot more optimistic than my doctor about me ever getting better!

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama

• lily321
12 years 5 months ago #72062 by lily321
Replied by lily321 on topic Re:indef dla what should I do
Hi
I have just filled in forms because I need more help, and I get indefinate at the mo, it was a hard decision but feel I need it.
Lily.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.