× Members

Esa evidence to include ?

More
12 years 5 months ago #72111 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:Esa evidence to include ?
Thanks Rachel,
Looks like i will have to dig out all reports etc if case goes to tribunal.
Great yours helped.

Radhika.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72112 by shrinathji
but what if ones problems have plateaud but are still problamatic in allowing one to be able to work. GP confirms this but DM takes no notice!!!!!!!!!

More
12 years 5 months ago #72113 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:Esa evidence to include ?
I included everything I could, hospital discharge summaries, psychiatric consultant letters, supporting letters from the therapy group I attend - everything. Whenever I saw my psychiatrist I asked to be sent a copy etc. When I first claimed ESA and DLA, they wrote to my GP who I have not seen for literally years, and of course I was turned down. When I appealed I sent off all my information and my DLA was awarded straight away on higher care rate. I took all copies of my letters etc to my ESA medical last year, and I will do so again if called up for a medical this year. The more information you can get, put it in. Some areas say Atos only accepting info within last six months, but my welfare rights officer said to me when filling out my form, that my records from a year or two years ago were relevant it showed that my condition had not improved. Best of luck. If you have a consultant or anyone who can write a letter for you then do it. My welfare rights officer sent my form off before I saw my psychiatrist, so I had to copy my psychiatrists letter to Atos, and also my local jobcentre plus by recorded delivery so that it reached them before the deadline and I wrote a covering letter asking them to include it with my form so that it was all available for the decision maker. I got this advice from this forum. Good luck, Mel

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #72115 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Esa evidence to include ?
Probably have to appeal!

• helchis
12 years 5 months ago #72117 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:Esa evidence to include ?
lild wrote:

I have ESA form to fill in, I did an incapacity form last yr and would be up for review next yr 2012. This is now brought forward because of gov changes to ESA.

Can you advise please what type of evidence to include, such as consultant letters etc, as my GP said they will fill in forms if the DWP request them, otherwise to that they dont get involved, but everything is all in my notes.

I am concerned that the DWP will not write to my GP, and just try and send me for an assessment. Can I request that they DO write to my GP. I have been so messed about by the DWP before, they dont follow their own policies, and we,re left to pick up the pieces.

I was going to request to look at my notes myself and see if I can include anything relevant but unsure what to send, as a lot of my problems I have had for yrs and only now see the GP.

hi lild
have you asked your gp to do you a letter some charge for this but may be useful as it will give an upto date assessment

More
12 years 5 months ago #72119 by shrinathji
So where i have a letter from a consultant that is about 6 years old confirming in his professional opinion my husband will not be fit for work now or in the future,will help his case??
Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.