× Members

Update to 'Why have you deleted my post?'

More
12 years 5 months ago #72140 by Steve Donnison
Update to 'Why have you deleted my post?' was created by Steve Donnison
Hi All,

We've updated the 'Why have you deleted my post?' FAQ with the following two issues which will lead to posts being deleted instead of published.

"13 Posts which cause unreasonable difficulties for people using screenreaders. This includes posts which use 'text speak' and posts all in capitals.

"14 Posts which could bring the site into disrepute. This includes posts in which people ask how to word the answer to a specific question on a claim form and posts which seek to help others by quoting the answers they gave on a claim form which led to an award."

I'm sure many members were not aware of the problems that 'text speak' and 'shouting' in capitals can cause to people with visual impairments who use software to read text aloud to them. But it is an issue and the mods are now much too busy to have time to edit or retype posts.

The second issue of attempting to share answers to claim form questions is one that most members will immediately be aware is a very bad idea. Not only could it bring the site into disrepute, it could also cause individual claimants to be accused of attempted fraud. It is something that very rarely happens on this forum, but in future such posts will be deleted without explanation.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 5 months ago #72185 by Derek4
bump
More
12 years 5 months ago #72203 by Derek4
bump
  • pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #72230 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Update to 'Why have you deleted my post?'
to top of forum bump
More
12 years 5 months ago #72280 by Gordon
bump

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.