× Members

GP says "unfit for work"+ESA say "fit"=no money

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #72509 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:GP says
Dianne wrote:

Thanks, Pete. But as my husband says-how can he declare himself fit for work by signing on Jobseekers, when his GP says he isn't fit-and he clearly cannot hold down a job because of pain and weakness. The re-appeal Tribunal process seems so daunting. Is it worth trying for Income Support?

Hi,

If it is Income Support on the grounds of disability, then no. This has been replaced by ESA, which is what your husband was denied.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dianne
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72516 by Dianne
Replied by Dianne on topic Re:GP says
Thanks for your help Pete. I understand the advice you have given. It all seems so unjust. But then we all knew that anyway.

Regards

Dianne.

• peterth125
12 years 5 months ago #72569 by peterth125
Hi Dianne I am waiting for my tribunal Dec 8th(which just happens to be on my birthday !!) but have been looking into Pension Credit which I reckon I will be able to claim if I fail at the tribunal as I am 62.As you say you are a pensioner would you not be able to claim this for you and your husband.I do hope you get sorted.
Regards Peter

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.