× Members

Confusion as to transfer date

More
12 years 4 months ago #72520 by micksville
Confusion as to transfer date was created by micksville
As I had to speak to Incap ben on another matter today I asked the lady on the phone if there were any news about my upcoming transfer: she sais her system was showing I was due something early November. She then put me through to an assesment team but after twenty minutes on hold I gave up.
I then called back and got a different woman who said they cant give the direct no for the assesment team and that they wouldnt be able to tell me anything unless and until the letter had gone out.
She then says that what her colleague was probably looking at was the latest date my former PCA had been put back to. I was due a review of PCA last december which then became January , then March and I haven't heard since.
The lady told me that the Early November date showing on screen would probably be the latest delayed PCA date though it doesn't automatically follow that that will be the new WCA ( Transfer date).
It seems confusion really does reign at the moment.
I am prepared for the ventual migration when it comes but also am due my three yearly DLA review in July 2012 and will get the forms no doubt in january as usual.
I wondered if anyone can elucidate as to what effect both reviews ( and medicals I may need) will have on each other? i.e. would the ESA medical have an effect on the DLA review and vice versa?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #72532 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Confusion as to transfer date
micksville wrote:

As I had to speak to Incap ben on another matter today I asked the lady on the phone if there were any news about my upcoming transfer: she sais her system was showing I was due something early November. She then put me through to an assesment team but after twenty minutes on hold I gave up.
I then called back and got a different woman who said they cant give the direct no for the assesment team and that they wouldnt be able to tell me anything unless and until the letter had gone out.
She then says that what her colleague was probably looking at was the latest date my former PCA had been put back to. I was due a review of PCA last december which then became January , then March and I haven't heard since.
The lady told me that the Early November date showing on screen would probably be the latest delayed PCA date though it doesn't automatically follow that that will be the new WCA ( Transfer date).
It seems confusion really does reign at the moment.
I am prepared for the ventual migration when it comes but also am due my three yearly DLA review in July 2012 and will get the forms no doubt in january as usual.
I wondered if anyone can elucidate as to what effect both reviews ( and medicals I may need) will have on each other? i.e. would the ESA medical have an effect on the DLA review and vice versa?

Hi MV,

There is much confusion regarding claimants date of transfer to ESA, see info on the two links below. :

Who will be transferred?

When will I be transferred?

Further as it is inevitable that you will be transferred, and the time allowed to fill in and return your ESA50, when you receive it is being cut from 6 weeks to 4 weeks,it may be helpful to read this post. :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

You could even start filling it in now with the help of our ESA guides here. :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

With regards to ESA medical, reports, and DLA medical reports, the DWP DM can use evidence from an ESA medical report in coming to a decision on an award of DLA, and vica versa.

Indeed we have members where this has been the case, so as you will understand, if there where anything re ESA, in your ESA50, or medical report, that was contradictory to an award of DLA it could be detrimental to your DLA review, or vica versa.

cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.