× Members

ESA Claim form/partner

• 1littleduck
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74692 by 1littleduck
Replied by 1littleduck on topic Re:ESA Claim form/partner
Hi all.. Thanks for your replies..
In shock at the min..
I filled out all the forms for myself only, leaving all partners details as not claiming income related.. they wrote to me saying I was getting £67 p/w .. today they write saying I am intitled to NOTHING.. I have not paid enough contributions and because I am living with someone, even though they do not have his details, they say he have too much income and therefore I dont get anything.
I have been turned down for dissability and my only hope is the job centre but I cannot work and have a doctors note saying so.. (dated for 3 months from last week).. an I suppose to live on nothing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 5 months ago #74695 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA Claim form/partner
1littleduck wrote:

Hi all.. Thanks for your replies..
In shock at the min..
I filled out all the forms for myself only, leaving all partners details as not claiming income related.. they wrote to me saying I was getting £67 p/w .. today they write saying I am intitled to NOTHING.. I have not paid enough contributions and because I am living with someone, even though they do not have his details, they say he have too much income and therefore I dont get anything.
I have been turned down for dissability and my only hope is the job centre but I cannot work and have a doctors note saying so.. (dated for 3 months from last week).. an I suppose to live on nothing?

Hi,

You really do need to get some face to face advice from Welfare Rights/CAB etc to go through your work history and NI account history to work out if the DWP are right to say you are not entitled to Contributory Benefit.

If they are correct, sadly it would only then be possible to claim the income related benefit, which as you have found out does mean your partners income would be looked at and taken into account. Thus it is possible you would not qualify based on partners income/savings etc.

In the eyes of the law it is expected your partner should be able to support you if his/her earnings mean you are not entitled to means tested benefit.

Pete

• 1littleduck
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74698 by 1littleduck
Hi, thanks for that! .. I will get advice from CAB.. I cant for the life of me see why ... If I share a house with someone of the oppersite sex I can claim as an individuial but if I sleep with them then I cant.. This means that sleeping with someone makes them responsible for keeping you...prostitution enforced by the law!

• 1littleduck
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #74724 by 1littleduck
OK.. feeling very depressed now.. I have a appointment with the CBA on Monday..
I am being forced into having an operation for a new knee, that a consultant advises me not to have as I cant have another on at 70.., in order to be fit for work.
I have moved into my partners home, we have known each other for about 1 year and he is now forced to look after me because I am not intitled to any benefits although I have spend most of my life working up until the last few years when my knees started.

More
12 years 5 months ago #74731 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA Claim form/partner
If you have spent most of your life working, maybe there *has* been somne mistake regarding your NI contributions?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.