× Members

DLA looking again at cliam for 16 and over

More
12 years 5 months ago #72660 by ahmruq
Ni everyone,

I have less than 12 months left for a renewal date (runs out in July 2012) and am in a need of the motabilty car desperately. I have spoken to the motability and they said they can not authorise the application for motability due to the short award so, I decided to swallow a bitter pill early. The application for “Disability Living allowance looking again at claim for a person 16 or over” has arrived on my door step yesterday.

I am currently higher for both care and mobility needs since 2009 Oct. I have spoken to the local disability office and some one will get back to me this week hopefully to fill out the form.

My question is “is this the right time to fill the application or should I ait until the renewal date.
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #72661 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re: DLA looking again at cliam for 16 and over
Hi ahmrug

Please read the B&W guide here -

When should I send my renewal form back?

If a renewal is not yet due, there is a possibilty of any current award being reduced or lost entirely.

Motability vehicles are usually only available when an award is HRM & for 3 years or more.

Regards

Michael
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg. Reason: correction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.