× Members

How long do I have to appeal?

More
12 years 4 months ago #72675 by Lavender
How long do I have to appeal? was created by Lavender
Got ESA311 today warning me about the time limiting of CB ESA. Was a surprise to me as I sent my ESA50 in at beginning of Oct and hadn't heard anything.

Very helpful lady at JCP returned my call and told me I was put in WRAG on 6/10, with an 18 month review date. For 'some reason' not everyone gets a letter notifying them of the decision.

Advised to appeal if I think decision is wrong, but has just occurred to me - do I only have 30 days from review date - if so I need to get a wiggle on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #72678 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:How long do I have to appeal?
Daisy wrote:

Got ESA311 today warning me about the time limiting of CB ESA. Was a surprise to me as I sent my ESA50 in at beginning of Oct and hadn't heard anything.

Very helpful lady at JCP returned my call and told me I was put in WRAG on 6/10, with an 18 month review date. For 'some reason' not everyone gets a letter notifying them of the decision.

Advised to appeal if I think decision is wrong, but has just occurred to me - do I only have 30 days from review date - if so I need to get a wiggle on?

Everybody should receive a Decision letter whether they are successful or not with their claim.

Normally the one month is taken from the date of the letter, however,, an appeal can be lodged later if you can show Good Cause as to why it is late.

See the following FAQs

How to submit an appeal

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

ESA Appeals guide

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #72680 by Lavender
Replied by Lavender on topic Re:How long do I have to appeal?
Thanks Gordon
The problem in my case is that a decision has been made but I haven't been notified. So far I haven't been able to get through to the phone number to find out what happened.

More
12 years 4 months ago #72683 by Gordon
Daisy wrote:

Thanks Gordon
The problem in my case is that a decision has been made but I haven't been notified. So far I haven't been able to get through to the phone number to find out what happened.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, not receiving the Decision letter, is Good Cause for your appeal being submitted late.

That said, you do not need to have received the letter in order to appeal.

You might also want to request your ESA85 medical report, which should explain, why you were placed in the WRAG.

You might also want to review the following FAQ.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 4 months ago #72690 by Lavender
Replied by Lavender on topic Re:How long do I have to appeal?
Thanks for the clarification Gordon, much appreciated. Will also ask for the copy of the medical report (although I didn't have to attend a medical as I sent medical evidence that I am too poorly to travel).
BW

More
12 years 4 months ago #72691 by Gordon
Daisy wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Gordon, much appreciated. Will also ask for the copy of the medical report (although I didn't have to attend a medical as I sent medical evidence that I am too poorly to travel).
BW

In that case it will be an ESA85A.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.