× Members

Esa tribunial appeal

More
12 years 6 months ago #72852 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Esa tribunial appeal
Gordon wrote:

penthesilie wrote:

Crazydiamond,
am I correct in thinking that it's possible to put in a second claim once the waiting time for an appeal has gone past six months from the date the original decision not to grant ESA Limited Capacity to work, under the 'six month rule'?
Sorry to trouble you with this, but it's just something I wanted to sort out in my own mind for the future if it's needed.

Yes you can, but be aware that you can only receive payment for one claim and depending on the result of a second claim, you may be limiting any back payments you might receive from from a Tribunal.

Gordon

If the reclaim to ESA is successful and the claimant is satisfied with the award, the tribunal would only be concerned with the closed period from the date of the original decision, up until the day before the commencement of the new award.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #72855 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:Esa tribunial appeal
So the amount of 'back pay', for want of a better term, would therefor be less due to the second claim date, and only taken as far back as the second claim date.
Many thanks, Penthesilie.
I'll 'screen cap' all this to my computer.

More
12 years 6 months ago #72861 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Esa tribunial appeal
If for example you appealed to be included in the support group and you were successful with the appeal, and the subsequent claim following the assessment phase resulted in an allocation to the support group, the payment in the intervening period would be the arrears representing the difference between the WRAG and the SG, or if the original claim was disallowed, the difference would be between the assessment rate and the rate for the SG.

What this means is that in effect you would receive all the outstanding arrears, and continuing payment applicable to the SG.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #72865 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:Esa tribunial appeal
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the finer points of the intricate workings of the appeal system with regards to ESA. It makes all the difference to be able to get a 'handle' on what's going on and how to cope with it all.
Thank you kindly,
Pentheslie.

• Mike
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80327 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:Esa tribunial appeal
thanks for the info

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.