× Members

what does the 11 week rule mean

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72798 by paula
what does the 11 week rule mean was created by paula
Hi my friend was turned down for dla last week, it took from receving the form to decision in 3 days. She has asked for a reconsideration and she received a letter to say that this will take 11 weeks, and if she doesn't send the information they ask for it be very doibtful if they would then meet the 11 week target. Does it take 3 months for a re consideration. My friend has sent all the information they asked for and now she waits. But is this 11 week re consideration something new? How long would an oral tribual appeal take then from there is she got turned down from that? Has anyone else heard of something like this for dla?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72803 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:what does the 11 week rule mean
paula wrote:

Hi my friend was turned down for dla last week, it took from receving the form to decision in 3 days. She has asked for a reconsideration and she received a letter to say that this will take 11 weeks, and if she doesn't send the information they ask for it be very doibtful if they would then meet the 11 week target. Does it take 3 months for a re consideration. My friend has sent all the information they asked for and now she waits. But is this 11 week re consideration something new? How long would an oral tribual appeal take then from there is she got turned down from that? Has anyone else heard of something like this for dla?

I think this is a standard letter issued for all DLA Reconsiderations. Some members have seen quicker repsonses, a few, longer.

The current, official times, for an Oral hearing for a DLA tribunal are 26 weeks from when the Tribunal Service receive the papers, which is obviously after any Reconsideration has taken place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #72806 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:what does the 11 week rule mean
This is a standard waiting time included in DLA correspondence when a claimant asks for the decision to be looked at again.

It is nothing new as it has been quoted in the acknowledgement letter for many years, but it may very well happen that your friend hears before the 11 week date about her reconsideration request?

On the subject of an appeal against the adverse DLA decision, it is really impossible to forecast how long it would take to receive an appeal hearing as much would depend on the workload of the tribunals, which is ever-increasing it seems following the deluge of ESA appeals

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• scooter woman
12 years 5 months ago #72826 by scooter woman
Replied by scooter woman on topic Re:what does the 11 week rule mean
My wife was turned down for DLA in September we then asked for a reconsideration.
We then received the standard 11 week letter.but after 6 weeks we received good news and she was awarded high rate mob and care on the reconsideration they asked for a doctors report.

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72867 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:what does the 11 week rule mean
thanks for replies. It gives her hope so thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.