× Members

gp letter on support

More
12 years 5 months ago #72823 by craft
gp letter on support was created by craft
Went to my gp & asked for a support letter for my appeal,my gp said no he is not giving a support letter.i have heard this greedy government have written to all gps not to support us who are appealing esa medicals. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72827 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:gp letter on support
doglegs wrote:

Went to my gp & asked for a support letter for my appeal,my gp said no he is not giving a support letter.i have heard this greedy government have written to all gps not to support us who are appealing esa medicals. :(

I'm not aware of any such letter being sent, but if you have access to a copy, I'm sure B&W would be interested in seeing it!

Unfortunately, GPs are under no obligation to provide medical reports for their patients, it is entirely at the discretion of the individual GP whether they wish to provide this service and is they do, whether it is chargable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #72829 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Re:gp letter on support
I think it all depends on the GPs as I went to my GP and asked for a supporting letter and he said " no problem".

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #72830 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:gp letter on support
Hi, I expect this article has been filtering through to many GP's;

Politically sensitive draft GMC guidance says doctors should enourage patients to stay in or return to work

Best wishes,
Rachel

• rowland
12 years 5 months ago #72831 by rowland
Replied by rowland on topic Re:gp letter on support
My gp did supply a letter for me. It was brief but stated he thought I was a deserving case, had a severe form of bipolar and was in constant contact with both himself and psychiatric services.

Nice. :dry:

Seriously, dont know how much attention they paid to it - think the letter from my psychiatrist which was much more detailed would have carried more weight.

It does seem a bit hit and miss the support from gp's.

Hope you get the outcome you want anyway.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72834 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic Re:gp letter on support
My GP wrote a thesis on my condition and care needs. It was a work of art. Shame he couldn't spell and use a resemblance of primary school grammar -lol !

The DWP DM must have thought I was the stupidest con-woman alive. The documents were described as fake, falsified and having no substance - the tribunal must have agreed and requested my full medical records DIRECT from the surgery to check if the so called literary work of art was present (which it was ). But alas, the tribunal must have thought I sneaked into the GP's office and uploaded the report into his database.

Fast forward a few years and my GP has done the same thing again. This time I managed to see the secretary and correct some of the spelling and grammar (I'm not known for my tact, but I was on form that day ) !

As I languish in DLA purgatory awaiting the DM's decision, I can honestly say a GP's report is not always an advantage :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.