× Members

claiming ESA

More
12 years 5 months ago #72934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:claiming ESA
margym wrote:

Hi Derek
Yes I am getting theassessment rate although I read that te coalition are thinking of scrapping that allowance. That thought has kept me awake at night it's very scary.
I did not mention my knee and back on the ESA50 I tend to get rather confused at times....
Margym

Whilst there has been talk of of the government restricting payments whilst claimants appeal, this right is enshrined in law, and would require new legislation to change it, so I wouldn't worry about this happening.

As CD has suggested, you can make a new claim for ESA based on the conditions you did not include on your ESA50, this can be made in parallel to your appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72937 by margym
Replied by margym on topic Re:claiming ESA
Gordon.
Thanks everso for that reassuring information Phew.
About a new claim running parallel do I then need my medical certificate to name all three conditions please?
I'm sorry if I appear a bit slow to understand but it is part of my depression I can't seem to grasp things very quickly.
Best wishes
Margym

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #72940 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:claiming ESA
margym wrote:

Gordon.
Thanks everso for that reassuring information Phew.
About a new claim running parallel do I then need my medical certificate to name all three conditions please?
I'm sorry if I appear a bit slow to understand but it is part of my depression I can't seem to grasp things very quickly.
Best wishes
Margym

It's not a problem, all of the Moderators suffer with disabilities of one form or another.

You will need to show that you have a condition that was not included in the ESA50 and the subsequent assessment, so you will need your GP to include these other condition on a Fit Note.

If you decide to pursue this option, you need to make it clear that your new claim is because of a new condition, otherwise, they may not allow you to lodge the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon. Reason: word missing

More
12 years 5 months ago #72952 by margym
Replied by margym on topic Re:claiming ESA
Excellent reply Gordon thank you so much, what a miraculous find this site is.
Thank you so much

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.