× Members

in regards to medication and speical treatment

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72866 by paula
Hi, on the question where is says medication, side effects and special treatment, would special treatment include therapy, sleep studies, assessments at the maudsley and follow up treament, asthma clinics, and incontinence nurses, pyschitaric day hospital? How far back can I go? Becuase want to give a history of the treatment I have had, and am waiting for.
I have a cpa next week at my mental health centre and was just writing down all the meds i am on for a lot of things so everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet. I can't beleive i have written just about meds, special treatment and it is 6 sides of a4, and that is without side effects of medication for which I am on medication to counteract side effects. I just want to give a detailed picture to show how far the illnesses go back and what i have tried. Would a support group for bi polar count because it was recommended by the affective disorders unit. My mind is in a whirl trying to remember everything!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 5 months ago #72868 by Survivor
I don't think that we can go into details on here of the "this is treatment, that isn't" variety, but I'd say include everything you think might be helpful to the Decision Maker in making an accurate decision.

It is only your current situation that's relevant, but as you point out, treatment you've had in the past can explain your current situation.

Remember that the key thing whichever benefit you are applying for is to give the Decision Maker the information they need to make their decision. That is why they want to know about medication and therapy. You don't get benefits for medication or therapy.

If you'll forgive me, what concerns me here is that you are clearly stressed by it, so I'd suggest that rather than worrying too much about what the Decision Maker would think is or isn't therapy, you just put down what you regard as therapy and what information about your medication that you think will best explain your difficulties.

Although you haven't said which benefit you're applying for, I'm guessing it's DLA, but the same principle applies for all benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.