× Members

what happens with income related esa 2013

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #72874 by paula
Hi, saw today that the government plans to bring in universal credit in october 2013 and start transferring people to that then, i read somewhere that it would include income related esa as well. Am I wrong or is the case?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72877 by Gordon
paula wrote:

Hi, saw today that the government plans to bring in universal credit in october 2013 and start transferring people to that then, i read somewhere that it would include income related esa as well. Am I wrong or is the case?

The Universal Credit is intended to replace all Income Related benefits and others such as Housing Benefit.

The change is defined in the Welfare Reform Bill, which is still being discussed in the House of Lords.

So far there has been little information regarding implementation and any transfer of existing claims, so there's not a lot more we can say at this time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.