× Members

Time Line of Response to ESA50

More
12 years 5 months ago #72923 by SusanH
Time Line of Response to ESA50 was created by SusanH
I realise there is no definitive answer to what is the time line of the IB to ESA process.

That people are waiting 8 weeks plus to have a response to their completed ESA50.

Could anyone say what would be a realistic minimum time, that I might hear back from them?

I posted my ESA50 last Tuesday (25th October) its due date was tomorrow (3rd November).

Assuming a smooth run on the part of the decision making, when would be the earliest I could expect to hear back from them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #72932 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Time Line of Response to ESA50
SusanH wrote:

I realise there is no definitive answer to what is the time line of the IB to ESA process.

That people are waiting 8 weeks plus to have a response to their completed ESA50.

Could anyone say what would be a realistic minimum time, that I might hear back from them?

I posted my ESA50 last Tuesday (25th October) its due date was tomorrow (3rd November).

Assuming a smooth run on the part of the decision making, when would be the earliest I could expect to hear back from them?

The next action is to decide whether you need a medical or not? If you do, then they will contact you for an appointment, best estimate would be a week, but is likely to be longer.

If you do not need a medical, your file will be returned to the DWP for a Decision Maker to make a Decision on your claim. My best estimate is two weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #72943 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:Time Line of Response to ESA50
they [Atos]received mine on the 1st aug and dwp rang me on the 9th aug to tell me I was in wrag... without a medical :blink:

More
12 years 5 months ago #72996 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:Time Line of Response to ESA50
Gordon: With regard to this matetr do they contact you with a fixed date for medical if you need one or do they contact you to arrange a mutually convenient date?
In my case the friend who is likely to drive me to the medical and attend with me may be going away for a month so could i request that the medical does not take place during that time?

• paula
12 years 5 months ago #72998 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Time Line of Response to ESA50
In regards to the time to hear back, there is a huge backlog of people with this, it will be even worse now they have cut the return of the questionnaire to 4 weeks. Doesn't it depend on area to area? My friend sent her form back on 18th oct her deadline date was 27th oct. Apparently is takes a week for the form to get back to them, that has been what has been mentioned on the forum, and then who knows, espically if they write to the professionals involved it could take longer. They are having to deal with so many they can take ages which is terrible for people's stress and anxiety, good luck all. They have bitten off more than they can chew. Should be interesting when they start on the dla migration!

More
12 years 5 months ago #73014 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Time Line of Response to ESA50
micksville wrote:

Gordon: With regard to this matetr do they contact you with a fixed date for medical if you need one or do they contact you to arrange a mutually convenient date?
In my case the friend who is likely to drive me to the medical and attend with me may be going away for a month so could i request that the medical does not take place during that time?

You can include this information on your ESA50, ATOS are supposed to take any such requirements into account when arranging your medical, but you should be aware that you will likely come under considerable pressure to accede to an earlier date, so be prepared to stand your ground.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.