× Members

DLA reassessment??

• mummybigbelly
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #72924 by mummybigbelly
DLA reassessment?? was created by mummybigbelly
Hi.

I have a son with severe ADHD and dysphraxia. He receives lower rate mobility and middle rate care. This was awarded 2 years ago when his needs were quite moderate. Since then his needs have become much greater and he now suffers with anxiety attacks and now has problems with his bowels. I have been advised to have his DLA reassessed but I'm not sure I can. How can I do this and how? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #72933 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA reassessment??
mummybigbelly wrote:

Hi.

I have a son with severe ADHD and dysphraxia. He receives lower rate mobility and middle rate care. This was awarded 2 years ago when his needs were quite moderate. Since then his needs have become much greater and he now suffers with anxiety attacks and now has problems with his bowels. I have been advised to have his DLA reassessed but I'm not sure I can. How can I do this and how? :unsure:

You can notify the DWP of a change of circumstances and they will issue a DLA claim form for you to detail his new care and mobility needs.

However, before you do this, I would recommend you have a good read of our DLA guides in the Members Only area.

To qualify for Higher Rate Care, you will need to show that your son now has care needs day AND night.

To qualify for Higher Rate Mobility, you will need to show that your son has restrictions in his ability to walk.

As with any request for a re-assessment there are risk that you need to be aware of. See the following FAQ.

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

If you have more questions please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.