× Members

How long until medical assessment?

• Lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73135 by Lyn
About how long will it be after I submit the ESA50 until I have a medical assessment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73154 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:How long until medical assessment?
Lyn wrote:

About how long will it be after I submit the ESA50 until I have a medical assessment?

Average time is probably around five weeks, but there can be very considerable variation.

It also assumes that you will be required to attend a medical, which is not always the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #73155 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:How long until medical assessment?
Hi Lyn, my ESA50 was signed for 7 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. Last year I only waited about 2 weeks,

Best Wishes,
Rachel

• Lyn
  • Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #73160 by Lyn
Replied by Lyn on topic Re:How long until medical assessment?
Thank you both

More
12 years 5 months ago #73188 by lonewolf6565
Replied by lonewolf6565 on topic Re:How long until medical assessment?
My experience is so similar to Rachels! My form was signed for 6 weeks ago ..no news yet but before the migration the wait for a so-called medical was two weeks. As I know it has been received I am not keen to rush things by chasing it..whatever the outcome I am likely to *need* to be asessed again within a few months...Other people have suggested on here getting into a routine of keeping medical records and info about our conditions updated regularly and being prepared as much as possible..this reduces the stress of it a little...highly recommended and is what I will do until we can overturn the WCA/Atos...!

• neilw
12 years 5 months ago #73220 by neilw
Replied by neilw on topic Re:How long until medical assessment?
Him I waited over 8 weeks, the first apppoinments was canceled after 4 weeks by them.

So be aware that this can happen ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.