× Members

ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS

More
12 years 5 months ago #73164 by shrinathji
ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS was created by shrinathji
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone may have the answer to my quiery. If you are getting child tax credits, your esa is deducted from child tax credits award as it is treated as income. So if you are in WRAG and when the 12 months is up,what happens to your child tax credits,does that amount get added on???

Moderators, maybe you can throw some light on this!!!

Radhika.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #73170 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS
Hi Radhika, I don't know the answer but you could use the following;

taxcredits.hmrc.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

I usually just change a few DOB's to make it anonymous.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #73173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS
radhika wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone may have the answer to my quiery. If you are getting child tax credits, your esa is deducted from child tax credits award as it is treated as income. So if you are in WRAG and when the 12 months is up,what happens to your child tax credits,does that amount get added on???

Moderators, maybe you can throw some light on this!!!

Radhika.

I'm afraid that Tax Credits are not one of the benefits we support on B&W. I can only suggest you contact your local CAB or Welfare Rights.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #73182 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS
Thank you both for your replies. Rachel, i just checked on the website you suggested and did a quick qualifying test,only to find i do not qualify for more money.
I will call them myself and relay back to you wonderful people of their reply, as it may be of some help for members who are getting child tax credits.

Radhika.

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #73184 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA AND CHILD TAX CREDITS
Hi Radhika, I had a feeling that would be the case :(

I've lost my child maintenance due to bereavement and there is nothing to replace that :(

Good luck,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.