× Members

Advice re health reports

More
12 years 5 months ago #73224 by Jude
Advice re health reports was created by Jude
Hi,I was admitted to Hospital with a suspected heart attack,thankfully it turned out to be another Angina attack.
Will I have to ask A&E directly for proof of this, or will a letter off my GP suffice?
If I don't hear about being transferred from SDA to ESA for a while, will this evidence then still stand?
Also one of my stepsons ( both live with me)has applied for DLA. because of a heart condition, he has been refused! Despite his Consultant writing a report and following all your guide lines here.
My son is claiming job seekers allowance as is my oldest stepson.All boys are graduates but are unable to find work.Just my Daughter and my husband have jobs.Could this be why he was refused?I am so worried about losing my benefit that it's making me ill.
Thanks Amber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #73231 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:Advice re health reports
Mod edit - my reply deleted answered as asnswered by another B&W mod
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by michaelg. Reason: duplicated response

More
12 years 5 months ago #73232 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Advice re health reports
Hi Amber

I believe A&E automatically write to your GP to inform them of the outcome of the A&E visit. You could write to the hospital of a copy of the documentation but you should be able to obtain it from your GP notes. There may be a charge in either case.

The only way your son can find out why he was refused DLA would be to ask for a written statement of reasons explaining the decision. I can only say that DLA is based on care and mobility needs so being a graduate or claiming JSA should not effect entitlement.

Regards

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.